Many countries are now looking for ways to reduce the use of non-renewable energies and encourage more use of renewable energies that hopefully will have lesser impact on environments and more efficient in the long run.
What are the Three renewable energies to watch for in 2020:
- Geothermal Energy - Geothermal energy is thermal energy generated and stored in the Earth. However, There are heavy upfront costs and complicated technologies required with geothermal retrievals. In the future, if this powerful renewable energy source can be widely untapped, it could be a new face of the history.
- Bioenergy - Bioenergy is renewable energy made available from materials derived from biological sources and produced into heat, electricity, transportation fuels, and many more. Zero waste will be a new trend of 2020.
- Hydrogen Energy - Hydrogen is simplest element in existence and also one of the most abundant elements. Hydrogen Energy is high in efficiency but low in polluting. However, the process of deriving hydrogen is still fairly expensive.
(1) Mega Trends, Frost & Sullivan
(2) แหล่งพลังงานทางเลือกเพื่อลดโลกร้อน, Academic Focus